Sunday, June 13, 2010

Home Education ,Parenting with Purpose

This is the first of my efforts in cyber space!


My name is Susan.  My husband and I  are a family with six children. YES! They are all OURS! It is probably the most common question we get. We are not a "blended"  family, they are our natural children.


We have been educating at home for 15 years. Ever since our first was born I knew this was the way for us. With that said, it was still a decision made with trepidation.  We birthed our children  at home with our wonderful Midwife. It was beginning of many choices that have greatly affected our lives. We consider home birthing the most natural and safe method of delivering a new soul into this world. It is such a beautiful experience that the natural progression would be the family bed, breast feeding and no vaccines.


These steps were effortless in the implementation. The children thrived and crying in our house was almost none! The whole idea of the baby junk all over, the tired Mommy , the screaming baby and neglected siblings was not what happened . Home education would be the next step. Main stream ideas had been proven wrong , so now we continued on.


It has not always been easy or calm or fun. But  when you know it is for someone you love you move through what ever it is and get back to happy. And that ,in very short terms, brings me here. While there is support out there, I rarely find anyone like me. I know some else like me may need  back up if  just to say' Good Job, no you're not crazy' . Not all kids are super spellers and they are not behind if they aren't. They are different from Public Schoolers and that's what we wanted!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Impressions from friends, thanks.