Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Do Your Kids Like Rap?

Have you heard what they listen to? And they call it music? Hmmm...
Yeah, I can't hear all the lyrics but it must be something bad, right? Well, no, not always. A lot of it is a world that some of us only see on the news. Far removed from our clean and shiny lives, we don't want to hear it. Yes, it has stuff I do not want to hear but for some people it is quite relevant stuff. But I am not asking anyone to listen to all of it. 

I have heard this particular band a few times but never quite got their names. Junkyard Empire. They are relevant to all of us.
You think not? Then perhaps if you were to step outside your circumstances and look at others. We all live differently and not always is it easy to look at. The movement at hand will change things for all of us. What that change will look like remains to be seen.

Listen! Enjoy the poetry and the message.
I don't listen to Rap but I think I am going to start. If you like it or want to explore more go to Junkyard Empire and listen to some. Use it as a unit study, it would include music appreciation/comparison, social studies, current events, video arts, poetry and rhythm. I am sure you could do more, dance for another.
Go for it! Be a HIP Homeschool Parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Impressions from friends, thanks.